My photo
Yawn ... pretty boring chap. Slow poke. Tube light. Dumb ass. Negative creep. At a loss of words, always. Blah blah blah! Dreamer. Period

Sincere Request from the Writer!

It's true I'm not even a good scribbler and this is no famed blog. I know it's impractical, but just in case you happen to be the one-in-million who goes through a complete post, please do give your open comments and reaction; it will make my day! If it does not appeal to you, please tell it to me on your scale of bad/worse/worst or perhaps beyond; I'll sincerely work upon it. If that also pains your fingers too much, just rate it! Earnest thanks from gHoSt`RiTeR!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Romance by numbers ...


Yeah baby, it's time to get excited. Australian statisticians at University of NSW School of Mathematics and Statistics have given birth to this new formula which would probably give relief to the deprived young people (like me) and heart-pounding worries to the 'marriage-age' people! Yes, they have developed a sequence of calculations which would predict your optimal proposal age.

The claim is of a success rate of 40 percent which looks pretty optimistic to a poor desperate chap like me! Here the link to the news article in The Times of India: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life/relationships/man-woman/Formula-to-predict-time-for-love-marriage/articleshow/5560031.cms. It was published on 11th February, 2010 just few days before lovers' day.

So, the formula goes like this.
  1. Choose the oldest age by which you would like to get married. Call it 'n'. My case was 32 years. Hmm! :)
  2. Decide the minimum age at which you'll start to consider a potential spouse. Assign it 'p'. I am kinda desperate; so I was ready by 18. :P
  3. Subtract 'p' from 'n' and multiply by 0.368. My result came (32-18) * 0.368 = 5.152.
  4. Add this to your minimum age 'p'. So my lucky age came as 23 years and 55 days!
So, whatever you say; you all are the genius minds. I'll be waiting for my day. It's surely time to fall in love with maths now!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe statisticians have nothing better to do than this crap.
    Nice article, by the way!

    I'll take 40% any day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Air. I feel good that take out time to do such crap for us. :P

    ReplyDelete