My photo
Yawn ... pretty boring chap. Slow poke. Tube light. Dumb ass. Negative creep. At a loss of words, always. Blah blah blah! Dreamer. Period

Sincere Request from the Writer!

It's true I'm not even a good scribbler and this is no famed blog. I know it's impractical, but just in case you happen to be the one-in-million who goes through a complete post, please do give your open comments and reaction; it will make my day! If it does not appeal to you, please tell it to me on your scale of bad/worse/worst or perhaps beyond; I'll sincerely work upon it. If that also pains your fingers too much, just rate it! Earnest thanks from gHoSt`RiTeR!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm looking through you ...


So, this would be my second photo- blog entry. This was clicked by me at a random clicking session of our Photog Club @ BITS, Pilani.

This picture is actually the result of cropping of the original capture, which is now giving this beautiful macro look. The thing that came to my rescue in the cropping process was that the fly was actually in quite good focus. Plus, the depth of field was also very less which is showing in form of the apparent out-of-focus background.




The technical specifications of the original composition were as follows:
Camera model: Nikon D80
F-stop: f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/50 sec.
ISO: 100
Focal length: 135 mm

This much would be all for this blog entry. Here, I would like to give random suggestions for newbies like me interested in photography, especially the technique used here of macro photography.
  • Almost never use flash for your compositions. Flash should be only used in case you are clicking gen pictures of your family etc. Flash is basically of any use to you in case of studio photography.
  • Keep a low F-stop number for macro pictures. This would give you the less depth of field as in case of the above photo.
  • Can't think of much suggestions for now (:D). So I would just give you the last advise for now. START CLICKING IN MANUAL MODE WITH MANUAL FOCUS. That will make you grow as a photographer. :)

1 comment:

  1. awesome snap.
    i have no idea how you managed to keep your hand still, but good job.

    ReplyDelete