My photo
Yawn ... pretty boring chap. Slow poke. Tube light. Dumb ass. Negative creep. At a loss of words, always. Blah blah blah! Dreamer. Period

Sincere Request from the Writer!

It's true I'm not even a good scribbler and this is no famed blog. I know it's impractical, but just in case you happen to be the one-in-million who goes through a complete post, please do give your open comments and reaction; it will make my day! If it does not appeal to you, please tell it to me on your scale of bad/worse/worst or perhaps beyond; I'll sincerely work upon it. If that also pains your fingers too much, just rate it! Earnest thanks from gHoSt`RiTeR!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Are you 'hi' ...?



No, I didn’t make a mistake with my title. I am sure I did not mean ‘How are you’ and neither do I want to make it catchy by having a resemblance with ‘Are you high’. Anyway, it does have one. I suppose I can’t help the facts. Move on, man. So okie dokie, this post is on my common observation about the usage of basically the two words ‘hi’ and ‘hello’.

Oh, I forgot to greet you myself. Hi. Or should it be Hello? Which is more appropriate? Well, we all, most of the time, ignore the formal salutations and just go with ‘Wassup’ and ‘Howdy’ etc. To give the impression of being cool, perhaps (And if we are too good friends, we always commence with beautiful cuss words; portrays our love you see :P). This is mostly the case of the “online chats”. We live in the believe that we are keeping in touch with these simulated conversations. Anyways, I am distracting from the topic in hand; more on the online life-system in some parallel universe. Do I believe in parallel universes? That also in some other post. :D

An uninteresting post would be like this: ‘Hello’ is a more formal way of greeting than ‘Hi’. Or a more boring English grammar class version: ‘Hi’ is more American than British. Sorry to say, but the rest of the post wouldn’t be any remarkable in any way. It’s a simple journey where we start with a ‘hello’ and try to progress  towards the genuine ‘hi’ and, if the person is of opposite sex, preferably settle there only. I have already mentioned the case of being very friendly.

So, for the fact, Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the most useless thing for me, decreed that the correct way to greet someone over  the phone should be ‘Ahoy hoy’. A matter-of-fact in favor of my repulsion towards phone: Bell considered his most famous invention an intrusion on his real work as a scientist and refused to have a telephone in his study. Anyway, in came Thomas Edison, who is credited with the use of ‘Hello’ as a telephone greeting. I don’t know what would be the appropriate tone to say ‘Hi’ while receiving an unidentified phone call.

Anyhow, I have always been a ‘Hello’ person and always regret for not being ‘high’, especially the time when a cute girl says sweetly to me, “Hiiiiii” and the only word that comes out of my fucking mouth is "Hello"; blast me. So, am I shy of the opposite sex? Catch "Are you shy or high" in some other post.

So, are you ‘Hi’? Now it’s sounding to me like, are you game or are you gay? More on it, you know where!

No comments:

Post a Comment